Monday, April 27, 2009

1968 SHASTA 15' LO FLYTE TRAVEL TRAILER


Road Wings. I love them. The wings were added in the 60's and became an identifying feature for these inexpensive but sturdy travel trailers. Seems to me that they have cheaper laminate walls inside and the shelving and wood work looks flimsy to me. This 1968 cutie is very clean though. I've seen a few of these Lo Flytes for sale in my search for my own travel trailer, but not in this shape. This trailer was probably manufactured in Goshen, Indiana unless it ended up in Michigan from California where the original Shasta manufacturers were. This one sold for $1812.87 A great deal for the shape this trailer is in. I'm a little envious of the winner. I'm also surprised that a trailer from Michigan has so little water damage. This baby was kept inside most of it's life. Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and surrounding northern midwestern states are what us travel trailer searchers affectionately refer to as the rust belt of America. That translates into Lots O' Water damage, dry rot tires, and rusty underbellies. Well ususally, there are exceptions such as this one. So check out those windows! When it comes to windows, I'm old fashion. Meaning, I adore those super cool Jalousie crank windows even if they rattle sometimes and don't create a perfect seal. Oh well. If perfection is your cup of tea, then you are probably not reading a travel trailer blog. One more thing about that trailer that I find interesting, I don't know if it will affect the resale of these vintage travel trailers, but Coachman who owns the Shasta name, started making a vintage replica trailer in 2008, complete with wings and it apparently includes a 19" LCD television. Fancy!

As usual, I included the original seller's description with a very thorough description.








































Description as found on Ebay:
1968 SHASTA 15' LO FLYTE TRAVEL TRAILER VINTAGE LOFLYTE
Vehicle Description
Up for auction is a: SHASTA 15' LO FLYTE TRAVEL TRAILER VINTAGE LOFLYTE
This is an all orginal 1968 Shasta Lo-Flyte Travel Trailer that is 15' in length(including tongue) and just over 7' wide. The interior head room measures in at just over 6' from floor to ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment